EuroVA 2018 is the ninth international EuroVis workshop on Visual Analytics.
It will take place on Monday, June 4, 2018 in Brno, Czech Republic.
Visual Analytics is a problem-solving and sense-making technology that integrates analytical computations, visual representations, and interaction. It includes the analysis of complex (massive, dynamic, ambiguous, conflicting, …) data and information for gaining understanding, building knowledge, and inferring insight. Visual Analytics aims at a synergistic collaboration of humans and computers mediated through interactive visual interfaces. As such, Visual Analytics is an interdisciplinary field of research, including aspects of visualization, human-computer interaction, statistics and mathematics, data management and knowledge representation, data analysis and machine learning, cognitive and perceptual sciences, and more.
EuroVA 2018 is the best place to present and discuss ideas of new methods and theories, interesting applications, designs, and studies of the use of Visual Analytics methods and systems. The workshop will accept a range of paper types, including technique, system, application, evaluation and theory papers in the area of Visual Analytics.
Call for Submissions
The workshop seeks to attract innovative, fresh and creative ideas with a high potential of becoming significant contributions to the Visual Analytics community. We welcome research papers that introduce new Visual Analytics concepts, methods, or techniques, application papers that describe success stories of Visual Analytics in practice, and position papers expressing novel and potentially controversial viewpoints on Visual Analytics.
The workshop covers a broad range of topics in the area of Visual Analytics:
- Visual representations of complex data
- Interaction techniques for data analysis
- Computational methods to support analysis tasks
- Theoretical foundations of Visual Analytics
- Cognitive and perceptual aspects
- Infrastructures and architectures for Visual Analytics
- Data management, data provenance, and data uncertainty
- Evaluation of Visual Analytics
- Visual Analytics applications
We especially encourage submissions reporting late breaking results in the upstream topics:
- Sports Visual Analytics
- Progressive Visual Analytics
- Immersive Visual Analytics
- Big Data Analytics
- Visual Analytics and deep learning
- Decision making and analytical workflows using Visual Analytics
- Visual Analytics of streaming data
- Submission: February 23, 2018
- Notification: March 23, 2018
- Camera-ready: April 20, 2018
- Workshop: June 4, 2018 (New this year: EuroVA will be only on Monday!)
Papers, 4 pages in length + 1 extra page for references (maximum) must be prepared using the EuroVA LaTeX template, which can be downloaded here: egPublStyle-EuroVA2018
Papers are to be submitted via the new PCS at: https://new.precisionconference.com/eurova18a/
At least one author of an accepted paper must register and participate in the workshop to present the accepted work. The EuroVA 2018 Workshop Proceedings will be published by the Eurographics Association, and be stored on the Eurographics Digital Library.
- Christian Tominski, University of Rostock
- Tatiana von Landesberger, Technische Universität Darmstadt
- Michael Behrisch, Harvard University
International Program Committee