EuroVA 2020 is the eleventh international EuroVis workshop on Visual Analytics.
It will take place on Monday, May 25, 2020 in the online world around Norrköping, Sweden and is co-located with Eurovis and Eurographics 2020 (https://conferences.eg.org/egev20/).
Please find more information on the topic here in our Virtual EuroVA information (https://www.eurova.org/eurova-2020/virtual-eurova-information).
Visual Analytics is a problem-solving and sense-making technology that integrates analytical computations, visual representations, and interaction. It includes the analysis of complex (massive, dynamic, uncertain, …) data and information for gaining understanding, building knowledge, and inferring insight. Visual Analytics aims at a synergistic collaboration of humans and computers mediated through interactive visual interfaces. As such, Visual Analytics is an interdisciplinary field of research, including aspects of visualization, human-computer interaction, statistics and mathematics, data management and knowledge representation, data analysis and machine learning, cognitive and perceptual sciences.
EuroVA 2020 is the premier workshop to present and discuss fresh ideas on new methods and theories, novel applications, designs, and studies on the use of Visual Analytics methods and systems. The workshop will accept a wide range of contributions within the broad area of Visual Analytics, including novel techniques, systems, applications, evaluation studies and methods, and theoretical foundations, as well as fresh viewpoints on future challenges and critical reflections.
Proceedings will be published in EG Digital Library. Following the workshop, selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their paper to a special issue of the Information Visualisation journal or to extend their paper as a regular submission to the ACM TiiS journal (further details to be announced later).
Call for Submissions
EuroVA, a premiere workshop on Visual Analytics, seeks to attract innovative, fresh and creative ideas with a high potential of becoming significant contributions to the Visual Analytics community.
We welcome a wide range of contributions within the broad area of Visual Analytics, including research papers presenting novel techniques or systems, evaluation studies and methods, and theoretical foundations, application papers that describe success stories of Visual Analytics in practice, as well as fresh position papers expressing novel and potentially controversial viewpoints on Visual Analytics.
The workshop covers a broad range of topics in the area of Visual Analytics including, but not limited to:
- Immersive analytics
- User aspects in Visual Analytics
- Decision making through Visual Analytics
- Explainable AI through Visual Analytics
- Scalable Visual Analytics
- Visual Analytics for machine learning & machine learning for Visual Analytics
- Visual Analytics of streaming data
- Uncertainty-aware Visual Analytics
- Visual Analytics in Data Science
- Interaction techniques and novel data representations for data analysis
- Visual analysis of analytical processes and provenance
- Infrastructures, systems, frameworks, and architectures for Visual Analytics
- Data management, data provenance, and data uncertainty
- Evaluation of Visual Analytics
- Methodologic and theoretical foundations of Visual Analytics
- Visual Analytics applications, including but not limited to sports, medicine, biology, finance, security, telecommunication, travel, humanities …
Of special interest this year are papers relating to:
- Visual Analytics for Social Good
- Visual Analytics of sets
- Human factors in decision making through Visual Analytics
- Mixed-initiative approaches and learning from user interaction
- Submission: March 2, 2020
April 8, 2020April 15, 2020
- Camera-ready: April 24, 2020
- Workshop: May 25, 2020
All submission deadlines are at 23:59 GMT on the date indicated.
Papers, 4 pages in length + 1 extra page for references (maximum) must be prepared using the EuroVA LaTeX template, which can be downloaded here: download link
Papers are to be submitted via the new PCS at: https://new.precisionconference.com/eurova20a
Publication and Special Issue Papers
At least one author of an accepted paper must register and participate in the workshop to present the accepted work.
Following the workshop, the authors of selected papers will be invited to submit an extended version of their paper to a special issue of the Information Visualisation journal or to extend their paper as a regular submission to the ACM TiiS journal. In the recent years, authors are invited to submit extended versions of their papers to ACM TiiS and The Visual Computer. Further details will be announced later.
- Cagatay Turkay, University of Warwick, UK
- Katerina Vrotsou, Linköping University, Sweden
- Michael Behrisch, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Daniel Keim, University of Konstanz Germany
- Jörn Kohlhammer, Fraunhofer IGD, Germany
International Program Committee
|Fabian||Beck||University of Duisburg-Essen|
|David||Borland||University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill|
|Min||Chen||University of Oxford|
|Michael||Correll||University of Washington|
|Mennatallah||El-Assady||University of Konstanz|
|Geoffrey||Ellis||University of Konstanz|
|Helwig||Hauser||University of Bergen|
|Florian||Heimerl||University of Wisconsin – Madison|
|Christoph||Heinzl||University of Applied Sciences|
|Daniel||Keim||University of Konstanz|
|Steffen||Koch||University of Stuttgart|
|Jörn||Kohlhammer||Fraunhofer IGD, Darmstadt|
|Martin||Luboschik||University of Rostock|
|Thorsten||May||Fraunhofer IGD, Darmstadt|
|Silvia||Miksch||Vienna University of Technology|
|Margit||Pohl||Vienna University of Technology|
|Roy||Ruddle||University of Leeds|
|Giuseppe||Santucci||University of Rome|
|Tobias||Schreck||Graz University of Technology|
|Hans-Jörg||Schulz||Aarhus University, Denmark|
|Michael||Sedlmair||Univerity of Stuttgart|
|Aidan||Slingsby||City, University of London|
|Alexandru||Telea||University of Groningen|
|Jarke||van Wijk||Eindhoven University of Technology|
|Bowen||Yu||New York University|